Sheryl Haystead loved teaching kids God's Word. These writings are from her last years of teaching Sunday School and are full of wisdom and compassion for the little ones Jesus loves so dearly--Sheryl loved them, too.
RSS

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Everything I Need to Know...


Everything I need to know, I learned in kindergarten! Well, at least today, everything kids need to know to get along with others was discovered in Sunday School! You see, Buddy our favorite dog puppet had a big problem getting along with his friend Scruffy. When the kids were asked what he should do to be friends again, the answers came without hesitation:


  • “kiss and hug and be friends” from sweet Hayden,
  • “just start playin’ again” from practical Jaeda and
  • “you have to say you’re sorry” from wise Cole.

These are wise words of advice from preschoolers who are figuring out every day what it means to “Do good to all people” (Galatians 6:10)—even when unkindness has been shown.

What I learned today: even though we don't talk about memorizing them, our Bible verses stick with the kids! One mom told me that her son asked for her help in cleaning up his toys because “the Bible says ‘With love help each other.’” I’m sure he learned it’s a two-way street!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Buddy and Scruffy were having such a hard time. I hope they listened to your advisors. :)

Post a Comment