Sheryl Haystead loved teaching kids God's Word. These writings are from her last years of teaching Sunday School and are full of wisdom and compassion for the little ones Jesus loves so dearly--Sheryl loved them, too.
RSS

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Silly Songs

Today I had fun playing and singing with the two-year-olds.

I was singing, "Where is Nolan? Where is Nolan? There he is! There he is! I'm so glad you came here. I'm so glad you came here. I like you. I like you!" (Don't be shy! Try it yourself to the tune of "Where is Thumbkin?")

At first, there were shy smiles, then big smiles and then much to my surprise I heard, "Where is Sheryl? Where is Sheryl? There she is!" My little friend Olivia was playing and singing the song back to me!

Each Sunday we play to learn, but we also play to build friendships. It reminds me of the quote "First I learned to love my teacher. Then I learned to love my teacher's God!" (Thank you, Henrietta Mears!)

No comments:

Post a Comment