Sheryl Haystead loved teaching kids God's Word. These writings are from her last years of teaching Sunday School and are full of wisdom and compassion for the little ones Jesus loves so dearly--Sheryl loved them, too.
RSS

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Questions Worth Answering

What are the questions you’ve been asked recently? Here are some questions from the pint-sized theologians I’ve gotten to know. (And some answers to get you started thinking!)

Who made God?
There’s a verse in the Bible where God says that no one came before God, and He will keep on being God forever. (See Isaiah 43:10.) There will never be a time when He isn’t around. That’s really hard to understand, but I’m glad to know that God is so much greater than I can even imagine!

Do you need to wear an astronaut suit in heaven? And can we drive there?
That might be fun, but I don’t think we’ll need to wear an astronaut suit. We can't drive to heaven, and we can’t fly there on an airplane or in a rocket either. Or on a bicycle or a scooter. Only when we’re all finished living here on Earth does God bring us to live with Him in heaven.

Will I be able to take my toys to heaven?
Which toys would you want to take? Toys are fun things, but I imagine that heaven will be so interesting with so many things to do and places to go and people to see that we won’t even want to do the things we do now. I think heaven is going to be filled with wonders that will make us forget all about the things we have now.

How big is God? Is He taller than my daddy?
Well, no one has ever measured God. In fact, no one has ever seen God, because God doesn’t live in a body. He is a spirit. And, He can be everywhere at once. He can be with you at your house, and with me in my house. So while your daddy is pretty tall, he can only be in one place at a time.

What is “bless-ed?”
To bless someone is to do good for them, to help them. Someone who has received good help is called blessed.

Am I blessed?
You certainly are! And so am I. God has given us so many good things and helped us in so many ways! Yes, we are blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's obvious you love God and preschoolers. Thanks for sharing!

How big is God? Tough question to explain to a preschooler - the Triune God and His infinite nature. But Jesus is God. John 14:9

Post a Comment