Sheryl Haystead loved teaching kids God's Word. These writings are from her last years of teaching Sunday School and are full of wisdom and compassion for the little ones Jesus loves so dearly--Sheryl loved them, too.
RSS

Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's Okay!

In Sunday School, it's okay

  • if you're new and shy and want to stand behind the table and just watch when we gather for our large group time
  • if you want to put your stickers on the "wrong" side of the TalkTime paper
  • if you want to keep your eyes open when we pray
  • if you ask over and over "When's my grandma coming?"

All of those things and many more are okay because God doesn't require any of us to be perfect before we can receive His love and hear His voice. As we learned in today's Bible story, it even took Eli three times to figure out that the voice Samuel had heard was God speaking!

So it's okay if I didn't get the words of the puppet script just right, and wasn't as attentive as I should have been to parents when they arrived. God's love is for me, just as I am.

What I learned today: I can invite parents to help their children "Come and listen to the words of the Lord" (today's Bible verse) by using the PrayerTime suggestion on the take-home paper. It's just right for bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment