Sheryl Haystead loved teaching kids God's Word. These writings are from her last years of teaching Sunday School and are full of wisdom and compassion for the little ones Jesus loves so dearly--Sheryl loved them, too.
RSS

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Whatever You Do

What jobs were on your To Do list this weekend?

My list included trim the bushes in the backyard, pay bills, collect candlesticks to help kids picture the story of Samuel helping at the Tabernacle, go grocery shopping, dust the furniture, make a birthday cake, practice telling the Bible story, go for a walk! And now, I'm adding take a nap!

Sometimes my job list just seems like so much never-ending work. But this morning as I played with kids pretending to polish candlesticks, listened to kids tell how they are helpers, and talked about how doing our best work shows our love for God, the lesson's Bible verse came alive for me: "Whatever you do, do your work for the Lord" (Colossians 3:23). I'm ready to face my To Do list with God's perspective, not mine.

And I'll defnitely remember Cameron wearing his decorated dusting sock and dusting EVERYTHING in the room. (Cameron, can you please come to my house?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Each week you make me want to leave my 2 - 3rd graders and teach preschool.

Post a Comment