Sheryl Haystead loved teaching kids God's Word. These writings are from her last years of teaching Sunday School and are full of wisdom and compassion for the little ones Jesus loves so dearly--Sheryl loved them, too.
RSS

Monday, October 12, 2009

Teacher, I Prayed for You

So there I was, sitting on a too-small chair, pretending to eat plastic chicken and to drink invisible coffee. It was a busy morning in the Dramatic Play center at Sunday School!

Suddenly a little girl snuggled up next to me and whispered, “Teacher, I prayed for you.” At first, I wasn’t sure what she meant. But then I remembered that when I was recovering from a broken wrist, her mom had told me that my little friend Lily had prayed for me every night at bedtime. That was a year ago!

The friendship we have built over many cups of invisible coffee has continued to grow. In Sunday School, we play with each other, we listen to each other and we talk together. We do all those things so that teachers and kids can learn about loving God and loving others.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can't get that kind of coffee at Starbucks Sheryl. Your little plastic chair is a front row seat to the sweetest friendships, prayers, and coffee in town!

Enjoying your blogs.

Post a Comment