Sheryl Haystead loved teaching kids God's Word. These writings are from her last years of teaching Sunday School and are full of wisdom and compassion for the little ones Jesus loves so dearly--Sheryl loved them, too.
RSS

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Time to Start Praying!

Anticipating the first day of Sunday School in just two short weeks, I took a look at the list of kids who will be in my class! This class of preschoolers includes

• one boy who barely talks and when he does he’s so quiet you can’t understand him,
• another boy who clings to mom every week, even after attending for over a year,
• a girl who can read and write,
• a boy who has never been in a class separate from his sister, and
• several bundles of energy!

After reading over the list of names, I wondered, "How am I going to meet the needs and establish the sense of security that each child needs—and at the same time, tell a Bible story, memorize a puppet script, and prepare for our fun not-to-be-missed Play to Learn activities?" Whew!

Here's my conclusion: It’s time to start praying! I’m praying for one child each day between now and our first day of teaching. It’s time to depend on God to prepare me and the kids (and their parents!). I’m praying that each child on the list (and more!) will be ready to come, and that parents will make the commitment to bring their kids regularly. Who’s going to be in your class? What are you praying for?

No comments:

Post a Comment